VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: New VOICEROID/VOCALOID: Kizuna Akari - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New VOICEROID/VOCALOID: Kizuna Akari from VOCALOMAKETS

#16 User is offline   Blue of Mind Icon

• The world that I do not know...
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:Miku; Gumi; Meiko; IA; Miriam; Lapis.
  • Producers:Shu-t & Yume

Posted 30 November 2017 - 04:43 PM

View Postexemplar, on 30 November 2017 - 02:43 PM, said:

Another demo clip somebody put up on YouTube

I'm gonna concur with everyone else and agree that her Voiceroid sounds like a cuter Yukari. I can't wait to hear her Vocaloid bank now.

I'm also really digging the bomber jacket in her design, but I don't think it works very well with her vintage-style dress/pinafore. ^^;

#17 User is offline   VenEverto Icon

• Icon
  • Vocaloids:Iroha, Flower
  • Producers:Giga-P, CircusP

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:45 PM

She's really cute! I'll most likely be buying her when she's released

#18 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:49 PM

Honestly... Part of me is a little upset as this is the second confirmed Vocieroid recently.

http://www.vocaloido...owd-fund-event/

I know there would be interest more as we're vocaloid fans, but sesh!

Canwe give a little loe for Zunko's sister Itako, even on the voiceroid wikia Akari shows up and gets a page, and I ended up makeing Itako's cause no one seems interested in her.

#19 User is offline   Black White Check Icon

• 仕事して!!(どうして)
  • Icon
  • Producers:DECO*27, ナユタン宇宙人, GYARI

Posted 30 November 2017 - 08:00 PM

She's so adorable!! They went through a bunch of her pre-recorded sounds (like laughter, crying, saying "arigatou" etc) during the stream last night and she's just so precious, my heart can't take it aaaaaaa

I was really hoping for some kind of timeline as to when her Vocaloid will come out but I'll just have to be okay with what we have so far!

#20 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 30 November 2017 - 11:50 PM

View PostBlack White Check, on 30 November 2017 - 03:00 PM, said:

She's so adorable!! They went through a bunch of her pre-recorded sounds (like laughter, crying, saying "arigatou" etc) during the stream last night and she's just so precious, my heart can't take it aaaaaaa

Here's a recording of that stream if anyone here is curious https://freshlive.tv/ahs/166717

#21 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 01 December 2017 - 06:52 AM

View PostBlack White Check, on 30 November 2017 - 08:00 PM, said:

I was really hoping for some kind of timeline as to when her Vocaloid will come out but I'll just have to be okay with what we have so far!

My curiosity is also this.

As noted elsewhere we should be starting to lean towards the shift to the next engine, so projects released between now and then are the finisher uppers of V4. The next year should be in theory the last year we see V4's released, with only the possibility of one or two projects leaking into 2019 tops depending on when V5 is released. So we're in the end of the V4 era right now and the warm up to V5...

She should do well given how well Yukari has done in the past regardless (and its clear she and Yukari are "series" vocaloids due to certain design choices I think they can support each other too). And if she is released for V4, there is a chance of a copy of Yukari and being re-released for V5 with more XSY vocals. Considering as well that Yukari was a niche vocaloid who happened to be something a lot of producers wanted and among the most successful of V3. Also... in V4 she is now part of the second largest group of XSY Vocaloids, Akari is being released into quite a safe blanket at this point. There are some who may buy her not for her characters, but for what XSY capabilities she will add to other Vocaloids.

#22 User is offline   Nolan Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Kaoling, Nejishiki

Posted 01 December 2017 - 08:44 AM

I love the design, I just hope the slight nasallyness I hear in the Voiceroid bank doesn't become exaggerated in the Vocaloid voicebank version. I'm a little tired of slightly nasally cute voices among the Vocaloid voicebanks.

#23 User is offline   BenHo Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Yuyoyuppe, Utsu-P, Muryoku-P

Posted 01 December 2017 - 01:57 PM

Well, if Yukari is any indications, her Vocaloid voice will probably sound identical to her Voiceroid voice, so that's nice. If that's the case, I'd be happy with it.

#24 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 01 December 2017 - 02:20 PM

View PostNolan, on 01 December 2017 - 08:44 AM, said:

I love the design, I just hope the slight nasallyness I hear in the Voiceroid bank doesn't become exaggerated in the Vocaloid voicebank version. I'm a little tired of slightly nasally cute voices among the Vocaloid voicebanks.

Especially as Vocaloid itself tends to add elements of it.

It was confirmed for Ruby her original samples didn't have the issue and this appeared in the final product. It either appeared during voicebank construction or when the samples went into vocaloid itself. Even vocals like Gackpo may be in the same boat.

But this is Japan we're talking about where this is kinda popular... I don't think it will be a problem even if it ends up being present. Plus even though there are other vocaloid with it, for Vocalomakets this is only their 2nd vocal, and Yukari isn't that voice type.

It was kinda like when people complained about the Chinese and Korean vocaloids having too many females when both only had a few vocaloids in said languages... You have to draw a line on when a point is valid as it was more important there was a second vocal then it was if it was male or female for either language.

#25 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

• Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Tone Rion, Macne Nana, Rana, CUL
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 01 December 2017 - 10:20 PM

View PostSomebodyrandom, on 01 December 2017 - 08:20 AM, said:

Especially as Vocaloid itself tends to add elements of it.

It was confirmed for Ruby her original samples didn't have the issue and this appeared in the final product. It either appeared during voicebank construction or when the samples went into vocaloid itself. Even vocals like Gackpo may be in the same boat.

But this is Japan we're talking about where this is kinda popular... I don't think it will be a problem even if it ends up being present. Plus even though there are other vocaloid with it, for Vocalomakets this is only their 2nd vocal, and Yukari isn't that voice type.

It was kinda like when people complained about the Chinese and Korean vocaloids having too many females when both only had a few vocaloids in said languages... You have to draw a line on when a point is valid as it was more important there was a second vocal then it was if it was male or female for either language.

Eh, I feel like Ruby's samples even if they don't have the quality or appear to have the quality, resulted in the magnified quality. Ruby's voice acted and the way that her voice is achieved is obviously Misha tightening her throat to make a nasal tone overall, which is probably amplified through synthesis regardless of engine, due to the fact Hachi had the same issues.

Also, I wouldn't really call Akari's voicetype "nasal". If anything I'd say its just the metallic type result that's similar to nasalness. She's still a great TTS though, AI Talk has proven to be something very useful and realistic as well as pleasent to listen to.

#26 User is offline   vocalofan Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 December 2017 - 03:59 AM

Oh gurrl I'm excited for this---

I'm really glad her first name matches Yukari's tho---

Her Design is alright but I wish she wasn't so obvious and looked nothing like Yukari.

But I'm real excited to see where She goes and I'd definitely pick her up if I wasn't a broke Young adult lol
Nasal comments in spoiler bc Off topic
Spoiler

#27 User is offline   mojyo314 Icon

• still using vocaloid2
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Miku, Rin, Yukari, Luka, Yuki
  • Producers:松傘, neilguse-il, kagomeP

Posted 02 December 2017 - 01:41 PM

The perfect pairing for Yukari's mature sound. If I ever get Yukari's VOICEROID2 I'm definitely gonna pick up Akari too <3

#28 User is offline   Infoholic Icon

• Digital_S CEO
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Tone Rion, Macne Nana, Rana, CUL
  • Producers:Circus, Cien, Kikuo

Posted 03 December 2017 - 01:38 AM

She's been getting a lot of twitter love

#29 User is offline   exemplar Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:02 PM

I just spent several minutes doing my best to get her to say that Bagel Bites jingle (the words I used on the site are "pizza in the mourning. pizza in the evening. pizza out supper time" with the 1.5 and 0.8 settings).

The one thing I really haven't heard mentioned about her design is the use of complementary colors. The blue/teal in the eyes to contrast with skin tone and the orange elements were used to pop out without it looking too strong of an contrast. I mean ONE's design tried the same thing but the design went kinda extreme with how much orange is used (that's not a slam on it).

Also, memes

#30 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2017 - 07:10 PM

I actually dislike the use of dark greys and blacks in character designs, as to me it is what kills Miku's design and stops it being interesting. Black absorbs light in colour theory, while white reflects. For this reason, black is as my tutor put it at college "a killer of colours". Unless its used for making bright colours appear brighter, then it has a habit of dulling other colours. The worst two colours to use with black for standing out are blue and purple as they themselves are dull or dark colours.

If you are a painter, you only need a pinch of black to impact a colour during shading, while you need a lot of white. Therefore, you have to be sparring with how you use black overall. If you also started out in oil colours with black, then the colour leaked through the paint on top of it if you were not careful, as unlike acrylic oil paint is semi-transparent. yu have to add a lot of layers of paint to hid e it, but this was what artists used to do. (Worst if you use yellow with black in shading, black commonly turns the colour yellow a ugly green or dirty yellow colour, this is part why yellow tends not to have such as wide of a spectrum of shades as many of the other colours).

A lot of the issues also slip into other forms of usage of the colour. For example, the character of Batman in modern depictions is drenched in black capes and all. But... This is not easy to show shading. When I was editing one piece, to highlight black the anime of One Piece used green for Zorro's bandana and as a consequences some actually thought it was meant to be green instead of black.

Sometimes I regret after college I went down a art path instead of music, other times I do not. To me, The overuse of greys in her design is the worst bit as it is a little overwhelming. And while the orange is bright enough to draw attention, its not drawing attention to her overall figure and you end up either being drawn to her legs and hands (bad choice in character design) as its brighter and has more coverage particularly on the legs then her head with its white hair is.

I actually think Yukari had the better over design, even though I hated her dress.

Edit:
One thing I will note is they choose blue eyes, which is good. In colour theory again, blue and orange are opposites on the spectrum so work as good contrasts to each other. Red and green, yellow and purple are the other two. When they are next to each other, these colours stand out, some of the impressionists actually used this technique in their artwork, Constable used Green and red a lot.

• (3 Pages) +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users