VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Lyric writing resources? - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Lyric writing resources?

#1 User is offline   SilverChihiro Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Vocaloids:anon/kanon, Avanna, et. al.
  • Producers:niki, samfree, EZFG

Posted 26 January 2018 - 01:29 AM

Does anyone know of any good ones? I've been working on an original, but I've kind of stalled out.

(If this is in the wrong place, I'm sorry!)

-Mod Edit- Moved to the Library. #Marric

#2 User is offline   uncreepy Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 26 January 2018 - 11:40 AM

My sister writes lyrics for us, she found a lot of good lyric tutorials on YouTube (don't know if she recommends a specific one, she's not home to ask, but try "write song lyrics"). I guess it's based on writing down your initial cliche ideas (brainstorming) and then pushing it further to be more abstract/cool. Be sure to check out advice from different genres (from rap to pop), even if you might not make that kind of stuff.

Also, print out your favorite song lyrics by other artists and figure out the rhyme scheme or how many beats per line it has (whatever it's called when you clap your hands to figure it out, "syllables", maybe?) and get patterns from that.

Try to think about what kind of songs you want to make. Funny ones, creepy ones, lovey-dovey ones? Try to think based on that what kind of lyrics by other people make you feel those emotions. For example, if it's creepy, what kind of lyrics make you shiver? Ironic lines, unexpected contrasts, etc. If it's funny, try to think of stupid stuff people wouldn't normally sing about (ex: getting socks for Christmas and being happy about it).

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users