VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: English Hatsune Miku - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (177 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

English Hatsune Miku Op and title have been updated accordingly

#1 User is offline   Chii~ Icon

• Some kind of fish
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:39 AM

Posted Image

Miku Hatsune's English voicebank will be released August 31st this year.
Her website can be found here: [Link]
Demos:
Coming Together featuring Miku Hatsune's English voicebank.

Six Greetings featuring all of Miku Hatsune's v3 voicebanks including her english.

Original post under the cut:
Spoiler

VOCALOID FANS OF ILLINOIS UNIIIITE

Spoiler

Spoiler

#2 User is offline   Paprika Icon

• Amateur Web Designer
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:kz and keeno

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:47 AM

I really don't understand >.>" It feels like fake news but... If there are enough reliable sources.
- Blue Summer -
Posted Image
- We are blind to the ugly -

#3 User is offline   Aster Selene Icon

• An idiot
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:kaoling/Shinjou/Seiko

Posted 09 October 2010 - 04:51 AM

Zeny is reliable in himself. He offered to show me a picture too (he also went there with Misharoute).

I don't like this.

This is
1) Overendorsement of Miku. Yes, I like Miku, yes, I think developments are good, no, Crypton, pleae don't make her your goddamned mascot.
2) Asakawa Yuu can speak English. Thus Luka English was born, and it sounds totally off. Fujita Saki cannot speak English. I know they can force her, but having lived among Asians for years has me know that it would be nigh impossible to even get near the phoenemes.
3) I've never liked those "this-many-likes" facebook campaigns. Let's face it, Miku is really popular, you have enough support.

The only things I liked about this announcement are 1) confirmation of Rin/Len Append date and 2) another reference to CV04 so we know the project isn't dropped.
UTAU/Vocaloid user, UST maker, sometimes makes up stuff and pretends it's called composed music.

Owns VY1V3, VY2V3, Mew, galaco, and Voiceroid (but not Vocaloid) Yuzuki Yukari.

Voicer of Kyou Hana, manager of Ryszard Anioł.

#4 User is offline   Karlita ;3 Icon

• Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:02 AM

What Zeny said was true. I was there myself and a video is soon to be out.
Also, SHITEYANYO WAS MENTIONED 8U
Posted Image
The world is PINE, and apparently the sushi is his too. xP
Spoiler

#5 User is offline   Zeny Icon

• Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:17 AM

Posted Image

Registered just now. Also I made this in like a minute or so please don't judge it.

Anyway, if anyone has questions for me I'll be happy to try and answer! :)

@Karlita ;3

Please link it when it's uploaded!

#6 User is offline   sleepysheep7 Icon

• Vo's old man
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:OSTER-P

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:32 AM

View PostZeny, on 08 October 2010 - 11:17 PM, said:

Posted Image

Registered just now. Also I made this in like a minute or so please don't judge it.

Anyway, if anyone has questions for me I'll be happy to try and answer! :)

@Karlita ;3

Please link it when it's uploaded!

well it is up to 12,159 views/likes they need 7,536 more until they are half way there.
♈♉♊♌♍♎♏♐♑♒♓

Posted Image

.....IDK

#7 User is offline   Alexander-After Icon

• Zomble
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:gigaP, seleP, Jin

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:45 AM

View PostAster Selene, on 08 October 2010 - 10:51 PM, said:

Zeny is reliable in himself. He offered to show me a picture too (he also went there with Misharoute).

I don't like this.

This is
1) Overendorsement of Miku. Yes, I like Miku, yes, I think developments are good, no, Crypton, pleae don't make her your goddamned mascot.
2) Asakawa Yuu can speak English. Thus Luka English was born, and it sounds totally off. Fujita Saki cannot speak English. I know they can force her, but having lived among Asians for years has me know that it would be nigh impossible to even get near the phoenemes.
3) I've never liked those "this-many-likes" facebook campaigns. Let's face it, Miku is really popular, you have enough support.

The only things I liked about this announcement are 1) confirmation of Rin/Len Append date and 2) another reference to CV04 so we know the project isn't dropped.

@1) Miku's obviously going to get a lot of endorsement, she's the reason Vocaloids are well, popular and how the majority of the fanbase even knows about Vocaloids. Yes, Miku is the reason I, myself, became a Vocaloid fan. Clearly they're going to endorse this further, that's like complaining that Mario is overendorsed and he shouldn't be Nintendo's mascot. ಠ_ಠ

@2) lolol You do know how hypocritical you sound atm right? The majority of the god damned Utau fandom makes voice banks that speak Japanese. So why is it suddenly bad if a person that strictly speaks Japanese shouldn't make an English voicebank?
Not saying I support it, because I don't, I think it'd be shit and sound very bad. But I do not see why you should be bitching about it because 'she does not speak the language'. Loads of people in the Utau fandom don't even know Japanese but they all make Japanese speaking voice banks. ಠ_ಠ

@3) Think of it like a petition. It's to see how many westerners and what not actually want this. |: I mean it'd be a waste of money to make it and have very little people actually purchase an English Miku.

Posted Image

#8 User is offline   Aster Selene Icon

• An idiot
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 05:48 AM

I'm not saying that a Japanese person shouldn't make an English bank; I'm using that as a point to show that the English bank...will be very Engrishy and likely like Luka.
UTAU/Vocaloid user, UST maker, sometimes makes up stuff and pretends it's called composed music.

#9 User is offline   SolidX Icon

• Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:07 AM

During the "Hatsune Miku: Meet the Makers of a Digital Idol" panel in this year's New York Comic Con/New York Anime Festival, it was revealed that Hatsune Miku could potentially come to the United States in an English version - if she got enough friends on Facebook, that is.

That's right Miku in the US with the ability to sing in ENGLISH (oh and a nicely translated GUI)!
The catch is they need 39,390 fans on their facebook page before they'll do it.
See source for videos & Photos.

Source: leetNEET.com - NYCC/NYAF 2010 Vocaloid Friday Coverage

#10 User is offline   Alexander-After Icon

• Zomble
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:gigaP, seleP, Jin

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:11 AM

Obviously it's going to be very engrishy, just like how loads of English speakers make Japanese voice banks with obvious heavy accents. |:

It's most likely going to happen regardless if you like it or not. I myself, do not approve of it, but I am still accepting it if it happens or not. That's just how the world goes round.

If Crypton can make it better quality than Luka's english...well then kudos Crypton.

Posted Image

#11 User is offline   smeendesu Icon

• Momma smeen is here
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Seiko-P

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:12 AM

We already had this posted dear...
Posted Image
Made by lentaco

#12 User is offline   Aster Selene Icon

• An idiot
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:13 AM

I also accept it.

But I prolly will not like it unless it turns out to be really, really impressive.

#13 User is offline   Zana Icon

• I moustache you a question, but I'll shave it for later.
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:29 AM

Did they actually say she'll get an English voice bank or just that she'll be released here with English controls?
I know that would be kinda stupid, but you never know.

I don't really care either way, if we get her or not. More new male Vocaloid plz~

You can haz links
Ps: I have signatures turned off, so don't expect me to remember what's in here.

#14 User is offline   Crossfrown Icon

• :33 < AH-Soft is the Master Race!
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 06:31 AM

View PostAster Selene, on 08 October 2010 - 09:51 PM, said:

I don't like this.

This is

MY ENORMOUS GIRL-BONER FOR MARKETING, LET ME SHOW YOU IT

1. OH JEEZ LET'S NOT MAKE A NATIONWIDE PHENOMENON OUR MASCOT THAT MIGHT MAKE US MONEY
2. Aren't English classes mandatory in Japan? Also, with a famous idol and an even more famous company, I am postive they could use their ludicrous amount of money to give her lessons on those wily phonemes and pay her to record longer. It's going to sound like crap but at least it's not going to sound like horrible Engrish crap.
3. Vocaloid is a niche market in everywhere that is not Japan. The facebook thing is to confirm if it's worth spending precious time and money on. It's obviously a good idea.

I love the response to UTAU. That's the way to roll it, bro. Everything these fans make is only supporting the market. Dohohoho. *fistbump*

Also stop being so fucking entitled fandom, it's not about you, it's about money. Some fans can be ridiculous.

...I'll be in my bunk.
...Planning possible marketing schemes that can be applicable to multiple markets without isolating either with key points in advertising and backup schemes in case of backlash.
Huh huh huh huuhhhh *scribble*

I also seem to have a girl-boner for edits, I'm sorry

Posted Image
I'm a Homestuck
Spoiler

#15 User is offline   Moth Icon

• now with 7% more fat
  • Icon

Posted 09 October 2010 - 07:03 AM

All I can say is:
FUCK YES FUCK YES FUCK YES.
FUCK.YES.
I'd love to hear Miku singing in a better english.
Also guys,not speaking a language doesn't automatically make it impossible to speak it with a good pronunciation.>_> What if she speaks another latin language?That could help her case even a bit.
=

• (177 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users