VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Vocaloid 3 suggestions - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vocaloid 3 suggestions

#31 User is offline   Solstis Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 28 October 2010 - 03:50 PM

As a person who has never actually used it >_< so some of this is really just speculation due to my lack of actual knowledge

# 2 sets of box art actually one of them needs to be like the Japanese Character sets to catch those of us who are anime fans and fans of Vocaloid already.
Why because I'd never pick up any of the other english ones because the box is so unappealing to me >_< or rather a box with two images on opposite sides

# Male voice

# a few others mentioned this but I will too, American English please

# agreeing with the person above with separate banks for ... almost everything or at least for the different types of English
perhaps using a person who English is their first language

# built in tutorial
# easy starter mode >_<

#32 User is offline   spectrumfizz Icon

• "You're done with dying."
  • Icon

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:00 PM

View PostSolstis, on 28 October 2010 - 04:50 PM, said:

# 2 sets of box art actually one of them needs to be like the Japanese Character sets to catch those of us who are anime fans and fans of Vocaloid already.
Why because I'd never pick up any of the other english ones because the box is so unappealing to me >_< or rather a box with two images on opposite sides

# Male voice

These points are irrelevant. And please remember that it's the voice that matters, not the design.

Oh, and welcome to VO. -prods introductions thread-

Posted Image

#33 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shu-tP

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:06 PM

People are still suggesting voice types... :mellow:

Thats not what Anders wanted.
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#34 User is offline   Solstis Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 October 2010 - 04:53 PM

@ SpectrumFizz
I'm actuly migrating that info to the other threads
That was my first post on this site sorry >_< I signed up here just because of this particular thread and had not looked around yet >_>

#35 User is offline   smeendesu Icon

• Momma smeen is here
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Seiko-P

Posted 31 October 2010 - 02:14 PM

I have only used Vocaloid (1), so this might be a bit stupid... But, as a writer, i would like a 'rap-option' of some sorts.
Posted Image
Made by lentaco

#36 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shu-tP

Posted 31 October 2010 - 09:16 PM

You know something else I'd like to see disappear about the vocaloids. The sudden abrupt "stop" as the samples are sung. Some Vocaloids like Prima produce this HORRIBLE "tut" when they end their notes.

Edit:
Big Al also, I notice it with him especially, you can here the engine strain sometimes at the sudden stops, when it isn't being forced to blend. In fact while Japanese Vocaloid do it all of the time but then again, it isn't so apparentv overall since its pretty much doing it a lot of the time and the Japanese have become masters of the "edit" options. Its more noticable with the engloids because they blend all their words and then at the end of each word they stop blending and it suddenly leaps out.
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#37 User is offline   SCRAP RABBiT Icon

• Chao♪Freak
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Utsu-P, Sakuran-P, AKI4k1

Posted 02 November 2010 - 05:09 AM

-I would also support screaming.
-I'd also like sounds like clicks and I would kill for a glottal 't' sound... Because that's DEFFINITELY one of the things that make them sound too robotic is that they pronounce things too correctly, when what we hear in songs, what is said usually with a glottal t, and the VOCALOIDs put a very pronounced 't' there. I usually replace it with the 'd' phoneme.
-I'd like an option for falsetto/head voice
-Rap mode would be AWESOME. They've made VOCALOID Flex, but I want something that can rap to a beat rather than talk.
-MAC version, even though MikuInstaller works just fine~
-Backwards compatibility with older VOCALOIDs

Umm... Ya~
Posted Image

#38 User is offline   crashtest Icon

• Icon

Posted 04 November 2010 - 01:08 PM

hmm..

• ASIO support for vocaloid editor
  • MAC VERSION DO WANT
  • vocaloid editor interface redesign
  • vocalistener feature
  • lighter & less latency VSTi version
  • better piano roll
  • audio export as mp3, aiff, ogg
  • backward compatibility is a MUST

#39 User is offline   Cat-Monster Icon

• Icon

Posted 05 November 2010 - 02:43 AM

Mac version please. There are plenty of people out there that use macs out there. (Miku Installer always crashes on me when I use Vocaloid 2. Ugh)

Backwards compatibility. I mean, it would be a hassle having to open up Vocaloid 2 to use one voice and open Vocaloid 3 for the other voices. :I

This is gong to sound stupid, but actual updates for the program. Mostly to fix glitches or bugs in the program because...stuff happens? I don't know. I mean, I don't mean updates for the voicebanks, I mean for the engine itself. I hope that makes sense.
(I don't know if that's possible at this point, but it's an idea.)

#40 User is offline   BenHo Icon

• Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Deco*27, Yuyoyuppe

Posted 05 November 2010 - 10:25 PM

I agree with most of the things listed already, so I'll just get to the new stuff.

1: It would be awesome if voicebanks weren't restricted to languages. I'm not saying make EVERY voicebank capable of singing EVERY language, but if the developer wants to make a Vocaloid multilingual, they shouldn't have to make a separate voicebank for each language. That way, the producer doesn't have to switch banks if they want to switch languages mid line. A lot of musicians like to use foreign words in their songs to add flavor or to support a metaphor, but the current method leaves an obvious break as it switches from one sound pack to the next. Check out "Corruption Garden". It's a great song, but at the end when Luka switch from japanese to english, it's really noticeable.

2: I think it was called the expression pallete? Whatever it was called, that thing from V1 needs to come back. LOVE that thing.

3: A built in equalizer, de-esser and a few other basic vocal editors would be nice, in case some producers don't have as powerful of a DAW. Honestly, I'm surprised something like this isn't already in V2.

Edit: I JUST learned about the editable dictionary, so I removed that suggestion.

#41 User is offline   Tim M. Icon

• Icon

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:06 AM

Hi there. If possible, could I ask that the Vocaloid 3 software be compatable with voicebanks from Vocaloid 2? That would make my life. Thank you,

Tim

#42 User is offline   PJAMA Icon

• Your local Ritsu Fantard
  • Icon
  • Location:Philadelphia, PA - USA - The World - Solar System - Milky Way Galaxy - Universe

Posted 13 November 2010 - 01:30 PM

Man all of you have the same suggestions, :unsure:

• Backwards Compatibility with Vocaloid1 and Vocaloid2 Voicebanks
  • Mac and Linux Versions
  • Source code to create our own plugins
  • Plugins for SONY Acid Xpress and GarageBand
  • Export to mp3, aiff, ogg, rm, m4a, au

I have two suggestions for voices as well:

• More Male Vocaloids
    A newer, adult, strong female voice (a.k.a a Vocaloid Designed to sing Religious Music and otherwise) My grandparents are devout...
    A Luka Append

That's all I want.

HI IT'S CROSSFROWN HERE WITH AN EXCITING NEW PRODUCT IT'S CALLED THE VOICE SUGGESTION THREAD CALL NOW AND GET A FREE CONSIDERATION FOR YOUR SUGGESTION BECAUSE YOU ARE POSTING IN THE RIGHT THREAD

#43 User is offline   season3 Icon

• Your Sparkle God
  • Icon

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:10 PM

Some more deeper voiced VOCALOIDS, I think. And definately a Mac version. Nothing is ever for Mac. ;3;

Oh! And maybe a BRS VOCALOID. :D BRSloid. :3 Yes. With the person who voices her in the anime. Because I love her voice so much. D: It's so cool.

And DEFINATELY a Luka append. I love Luka too much. D:

Maybe give Neru and Haku real voices, too. :3 No matter how much fun it is messing with Miku's appends to make them sound cool.

...this entire post is horrible, you are horrible
HI IT'S CROSSFROWN HERE WITH AN EXCITING NEW PRODUCT IT'S CALLED THE VOICE SUGGESTION THREAD CALL NOW AND GET A FREE CONSIDERATION FOR YOUR SUGGESTION BECAUSE YOU ARE POSTING IN THE RIGHT THREAD

#44 User is online   Cluemily Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:mayuko

Posted 13 November 2010 - 02:29 PM

View Postseason3, on 13 November 2010 - 02:10 PM, said:

Some more deeper voiced VOCALOIDS, I think. And definately a Mac version. Nothing is ever for Mac. ;3;

Oh! And maybe a BRS VOCALOID. :D BRSloid. :3 Yes. With the person who voices her in the anime. Because I love her voice so much. D: It's so cool.

Maybe give Neru and Haku real voices, too. :3 No matter how much fun it is messing with Miku's appends to make them sound cool.

This is for suggestions of the Vocaloid3 programme, not voices. Anyway, there's a Luka Append in the works soon, and real voices for fanloids doesn't really work since people like to have their own interpretation of the voice. And a 'loid from BRS' VA would just be a VOCALOID. No point having something based on something like BRS, imo.

But on topic, I'm with most of this. Compatibility with Vocaloid1 and Vocaloid2. A Mac version, since I know some friends who would love to own a 'loid and they own Mac's. I'm definitely agreeing with most of these, and if most were used, I'd be very excited about VOCALOID3 and would hope it would be successful.
tumblr: cluemily // clueducer || youtube: icelilac1 || myanimelist: cluemily

#45 User is offline   spectrumfizz Icon

• "You're done with dying."
  • Icon

Posted 13 November 2010 - 07:20 PM

View PostPJAMA, on 13 November 2010 - 02:30 PM, said:

• More Male Vocaloids
  • A newer, adult, strong female voice
  • A Luka Append

View Postseason3, on 13 November 2010 - 03:10 PM, said:

Hey guys, this is a thread for software suggestions for Zero-G and PowerFX. Voice suggestions for Japanese companies don't belong here - it's probably a good idea to read through the whole thread before commenting. If you're looking for Crypton, just head West until you run into the Pacific ocean, then keep going. You'll get there at some point. Or drown. Whichever comes first.

As for the mention of a Luka Append, she's most likely already set for one just as soon as the Kagamine's has been released. For Neru and Haku to be given their own voicebanks would pretty much be to defy their original purposes - Neru as a representation of trolls or songs with little effort put into them and Haku as a symbol of failed Miku songs. And BRSloid... No. Just No. BRS and Vocaloid are completely unrelated and it should stay that way. The BRS song with Miku doesn't count as a valid excuse, since it doesn't even appear in the anime at all. And imo the song isn't even worth the popularity since supercell's vocals are always oh so horribly squeaky. But that's just my opinions on yaoi.

It'd be pretty nice to have backwards compatibility though, just for the sake of being on topic.

Posted Image

• (16 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users