VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: VO.net IRC Channel - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VO.net IRC Channel Hop along the rest of the VO crew!

#1 User is offline   Slater Icon

• Fight to the last for coin and country.
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:yuyoyuppe, kurozumiP

Posted 09 May 2010 - 06:48 PM

Azure in the old topic said:

I'm sure there's not much room for introduction here to most of you; in any case, the IRC client is a chatting system for a group of people, just like an msn group conversation, in rough comparison.

--

Where do I fetch this IRC client?

The spectrum of IRC clients in the internets branches off to quite a few programs.
Arguably, the recommended ones would be mIRC and/or X-Chat2.

How can I connect to the VO's channel?

Set up your settings nice and dandy (nickname) and set the server to irc.rizon.net, then, type out "/join #mikuchan".

Assuming you have the client installed, you can just hop on this link:
irc://irc.rizon.net/mikuchan
And let the client fiddle with the settings for you.

Two other chat clients I recommend besides the two mentioned are ChatZilla, a Firefox addon, and Trillian, which also ties in to MSN, Yahoo, AIM, email, and so forth. Which one you should use is completely up to personal preference, though some clients have some extras and may be easier to use than others. I dunno.

If you use a real client (read: anything that isn't mibbit), it should ask for your desired nickname, server, and usually channel right away. If not, those can be set with the /nick, /server, and /join commands, respectively. Note that you can join as many servers and channels as you please.

Another important tutorial:

Selphos in the old topic said:

Another thing. It is highly recommended that you register your nick (username) so a) other people can't use it and b) if any of us with power in the room decide to give you operator/halfoperator/voice status you'll be able to keep it.

The syntax for registering is thus*:

/msg NickServ REGISTER <password> <e-mail address>

<password> and <e-mail address> are replaced by... your intended password and your e-mail, obviously. Now that you are registered, whenever you switch to your nick, you'll need to identify yourself if you haven't already done so that session. The syntax for identifying is thus:

/msg NickServ IDENTIFY <nick> <password>
Alternatively, you could use SIDENTIFY instead of IDENTIFY (see below) to change your nick and identify yourself at the same time.
Once identified, any status you may possess in any chatroom will be applied to you automatically.

Any time a command uses the syntax "/msg NickServ" or "/msg ChanServ" it can be shortened to "/ns" or "/cs" respectively for the same effect.
IDENTIFY and SIDENTIFY can be shortened to ID and SID respectively for the same affect.

Oh, also, none of this stuff is case-sensitive. So register or nickserv or whatever will work too.

I could keep going on and on about various details, but really it'd be easier to just link SurrealChat's wiki. As such, here it is, if you need more information: http://www.surrealchat.net/wiki/Help

Oh, and one last thing. IRC doesn't support individual fonts, custom emotes, etc.

</textwall>

Enjoy your stay.

Mibbit link: http://mibbit.com/#m...n@irc.rizon.net
Posted Image
Victory belongs to the bold!

#2 User is offline   Slater Icon

• Icon

Posted 14 June 2010 - 12:11 AM

I should probably mention that my chat client is screwed up, so I can't connect. This could be a problem, as Marine is the only one who holds an operator status - and only halfop, at that.

It still works, though, right? :V
Posted Image

#3 User is offline   Clove Icon

• I am an adult.
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:OSTER project

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:07 PM

Yes, but nobody is ever on ever.

Wait no Rihoko appears to be on now as well as people I DO NOT KNOW.

#4 User is offline   Leslie Icon

• gaaatcha-gatcha-gachta gaaatcha!
  • Icon

Posted 15 June 2010 - 08:45 PM

I go on at times, but like Marii, people I know--save Rihoko-- are rarely on :x
Posted Image

#5 User is offline   Bridget Icon

• #2 Asshole
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 19 June 2010 - 06:06 PM

http://chat.mibbit.com/

Has anyone tried using that? I can connect to the channel just fine there...
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Slater Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 June 2010 - 08:25 PM

Mibbit used to be the official site link, but the link itself was removed when VO went to the new board. X-Chat was the client I used, but it weirded up when I added a new server to the autojoin. I've just been too lazy to fix it.
Posted Image

#7 User is offline   Slater Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 June 2010 - 07:22 AM

I HAVE GOTTEN UNLAZY AND I NOW LIVE ONCE AGAIN

I should set some ops for the regulars, probably.
Posted Image

#8 User is offline   rihoko Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:09 PM

wai wai~ i dunno what i did, but thanks for the voice! now i'm gonna /timer spam the channel with nonsense!! j/k
luckily the channel wasn't +m

the only irc client i'd go for is mIRC plain vanilla or well tested scripts like polaris... or maybe i'm just old fashioned..
android irc consumes a disproportionate amount of battery power for some reason.. uguu..
Posted Image

#9 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 June 2010 - 05:27 PM

View PostSelphos, on 19 June 2010 - 09:25 PM, said:

Mibbit used to be the official site link, but the link itself was removed when VO went to the new board. X-Chat was the client I used, but it weirded up when I added a new server to the autojoin. I've just been too lazy to fix it.

wait how did I manage to overlook that
I can make a header link anytime if you think it'd do more good than harm. Because I mean, you never know what kind of audience is drawn in. But regardless, I suppose you as the guy in charge can just use and abuse your powers to your delight and handle the bans and whatnots if such is a case at some given point in chat land otaku.

So yeah, regarding the header link, on your call chief.

#10 User is offline   Slater Icon

• Icon

Posted 22 June 2010 - 06:13 PM

View Postrihoko, on 22 June 2010 - 10:09 AM, said:

wai wai~ i dunno what i did, but thanks for the voice! now i'm gonna /timer spam the channel with nonsense!! j/k
luckily the channel wasn't +m

the only irc client i'd go for is mIRC plain vanilla or well tested scripts like polaris... or maybe i'm just old fashioned..
android irc consumes a disproportionate amount of battery power for some reason.. uguu..

hur hur

I have a policy to automatically give voice to anyone who I know has registered their nick. If you do so, tell me so I can add you to the vop list. Note that voice is essentially pointless besides placing a + to the left of your name (or a colored light on some clients), I just use it to keep track of things.

(but I already told you this in the channel)

That'd be a nice add, Azure. Just more people to hang around would help.
Posted Image

#11 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 22 June 2010 - 08:24 PM

There you have it.

#12 User is online   Nova Icon

• Climax Fantasia!
  • Icon
  • Group: Moderators
  • Favorite Producer/s:SWANTONE, LIQ

Posted 23 June 2010 - 07:37 PM

I suppose I've been lazy enough, I'll come back at some point as well.
Posted Image

Posted Image
^Come check out Modern Fantasia

Spoiler

#13 User is offline   Miku Miku Beat Icon

• Pretear of Chocolate
  • Icon

Posted 12 July 2010 - 12:18 AM

Just throwing this out there, but when are peak hours generally? Every time I go on these I always get pwned for being -5 GMT
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

PH34R THE ARMADA

#14 User is offline   P.P.A. Icon

• <I>w<I>
  • Icon

Posted 12 July 2010 - 06:40 PM

It usually peaks when people are reminded of its existence. orz
We must secure the existence of our people and a future for White children. :--DDDDD
(placeholder)

#15 User is offline   Slater Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 August 2010 - 11:44 PM

Okay, a couple notes for you guys after Mel came to yell at me about the Yaoiboy777 incident.

And please fucking read this, I've had enough people come to me already asking how to get voice.

* If I - or anyone else with the power to - kick you from the channel, you're free to rejoin as soon as you like. We would have to ban you for you to be permanently unable to access IRC - unless someone takes off the ban.

* I'm prone to first impressions and weeaboo-looking usernames bug me greatly. If you can, keep down on the numbers and stereotypical weeaboo-associated words. LIKE YAOI.

Posted Image

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users