VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: VO.net IRC Channel - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

VO.net IRC Channel Hop along the rest of the VO crew!

#61 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Administrators

Posted 08 September 2011 - 12:50 AM

Alright, I wouldn't mind pointing the links to your IRC, it seems like it would indeed help us on the activeness end of things, and would be easier to maintain.
However, think about it, that means our community would wind up getting mixed with mikuchan's. You sure NekoArc is alright with that (or whoever is responsible for your IRC)?
If that is fine with you guys, I would need a responsible to give me the green light.

#62 User is offline   NekoArc Icon

• Mikuchan Owner
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 10 September 2011 - 06:56 PM

I'm perfectly fine with it. If there's any issues that come up because of it, either myself or riipah (nipah) can be contacted via query on irc or through the messaging system here and whatever needs to be talked out can be talked out.

#63 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 10 September 2011 - 11:32 PM

Wonderful, then. I'll link directly to your IRC when I'm editing the links, but for now, I'll give it a few days until everyone is aware that this change is coming.

Also, on another note, I figured we'd stop using mibbit link as default, in the scope of, you know, looking more... professional, for lack of a better word. I've been thinking about changing this for a while. This is merely a manner of ensuring that quality is kept, at least, to a healthy minimum, so to speak. The type of thing that can prevent situations such as kids randomly barging in and being obnoxious from happening as easily.

#64 User is offline   riipah Icon

• vocaloid? wuts that?
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Nanahoshi, devilishP, XenonP

Posted 11 September 2011 - 08:08 PM

View PostAzureflux, on 08 September 2011 - 04:56 AM, said:

However, think about it, that means our community would wind up getting mixed with mikuchan's. You sure NekoArc is alright with that (or whoever is responsible for your IRC)?
If that is fine with you guys, I would need a responsible to give me the green light.

I don't see that as a problem. As I said, many users are already members on both mikuchan and VO.net. Some others just hang in the IRC and never go to either site. I doubt there would be too many troublemakers, at least I haven't seen many of those on #vocaloidotaku.

View PostAzureflux, on 11 September 2011 - 03:38 AM, said:

Also, on another note, I figured we'd stop using mibbit link as default, in the scope of, you know, looking more... professional, for lack of a better word. I've been thinking about changing this for a while. This is merely a manner of ensuring that quality is kept, at least, to a healthy minimum, so to speak. The type of thing that can prevent situations such as kids randomly barging in and being obnoxious from happening as easily.

Yes, I'm fine with replacing it with just an irc address, or if you could create some sort of info page, that might work too.

#65 User is offline   digited Icon

• Icon

Posted 02 October 2011 - 06:21 PM

the link for tl;dr ppl: irc://irc.tsukihi.me/mikuchan

Yes, it's fun there, and no, it doesn't bite.
You can connect with Chatzilla (addon for Firefox), Mibbit (web ajax client) or XChat-WDK (win app).

#66 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 October 2011 - 05:03 PM

Updated links throughout all skins.

#67 User is offline   riipah Icon

• vocaloid? wuts that?
  • Icon

Posted 05 October 2011 - 12:54 PM

View PostAzureflux, on 03 October 2011 - 09:09 PM, said:

Updated links throughout all skins.

Okay, great.

#68 User is offline   riipah Icon

• vocaloid? wuts that?
  • Icon

Posted 07 May 2012 - 04:13 PM

The community has moved to rizon: irc://irc.rizon.net/mikuchan. You should update the link.

#69 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 07 May 2012 - 09:40 PM

Done.

#70 User is offline   NekoArc Icon

• Mikuchan Owner
  • Icon

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:02 PM

View PostAzure_flux, on 07 May 2012 - 04:46 PM, said:

Done.

Contrary to what has been said, IRC is still on TsukiIRC, so please change it back as nipah is no longer staff on my site. Nice to see that you're trying to steal users though.

#71 User is offline   riipah Icon

• vocaloid? wuts that?
  • Icon

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:10 PM

I said the community is on rizon. I wasn't talking about mikuchan.org's IRC, although that's what the channel on Rizon is called as well because #mikuchan has always been on there (even before the community moved to TsukiIRC). Most of the original VO.net members are on Rizon as well. This was a change supported by many of the members of the channel due to unreliability of the network. VO.net's IRC was originally directed to NekoArc's channel because that's where the activity was.

#72 User is offline   NekoArc Icon

• Mikuchan Owner
  • Icon

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:28 PM

View Postriipah, on 07 May 2012 - 05:16 PM, said:

I said the community is on rizon. I wasn't talking about mikuchan.org's IRC, although that's what the channel on Rizon is called as well because #mikuchan has always been on there (even before the community moved to TsukiIRC). Most of the original VO.net members are on Rizon as well. This was a change supported by many of the members of the channel due to unreliability of the network. VO.net's IRC was originally directed to NekoArc's channel because that's where the activity was.

still stealing users, especially since you ragequit from being staff on Mikuchan

#73 User is offline   riipah Icon

• vocaloid? wuts that?
  • Icon

Posted 07 May 2012 - 10:33 PM

View PostNekoArc, on 08 May 2012 - 02:34 AM, said:

still stealing users, especially since you ragequit from being staff on Mikuchan

Why are you bringing the drama here? This discussion doesn't belong here. Many users were asking to move away from TsukiIRC because it's so unreliable and the management doesn't care. And yes, I quit because I was insulted by the management for bringing up those issues. At least Rizon is a stable network.

Edit: Eh, whatever. I'm sorry, I shouldn't have brought the issue here as well. Azure can change the channel back to TsukiIRC if you want to point to the "official" #mikuchan. Still, the point remains that all active users are on Rizon now and that multiple users asked for this move.

#74 User is offline   Azureflux Icon

• Icon

Posted 07 May 2012 - 11:20 PM

Well this was unexpected. I'll link to the IRC in mikuchan.org for now, since I don't know what to do and that seems the technical way to go about it. I'm gonna let you guys sort this over and, if you agree to change it to rizon later, tell me and I'll do it.

#75 User is offline   digited Icon

• Icon

Posted 08 May 2012 - 01:58 PM

Official Mikuchan irc will be where network owner (NekoArc) says.
We'll be on Rizon.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users