VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: [VY1 Mizki] HAKUMEI - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

[VY1 Mizki] HAKUMEI

#1 User is offline   Veridious Icon

• The Tenth
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 08 November 2010 - 08:06 PM

Awesome song.

Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Renchan Icon

• Machigerita's stalker
  • Icon

Posted 15 November 2010 - 03:14 PM

And it's a Nico debut!? Boy newbies these days... Why so high level (this person almost rival Seiko)

#3 User is offline   Soft~n~Fluffy Icon

• Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:AVTechNO!

Posted 16 November 2010 - 12:15 AM

This song... actually has a very interesting back story. At the end of the title it says 日本鬼子イメージソング, "Nippon Onigo's image song." "Nippon Onigo" is a racist anti-Japanese slur that sort of means Japanese devil child. It was coined by Chinese propaganda people back in WWII and has been used ever since. Nowadays it's often used online.
However, 2ch (Japanese image board) decided to counter this by creating a moe girl that is the embodiment of Nippon Onigo in order to illustrate the point that they aren't insulted by it. This moe anthropomorphism has been a huge trend lately and I've seen tons of fan art of her on pixiv. This song is basically supposed to be her theme song. It would be interesting to know what the lyrics are. I could give a shot at translating them when I have more time, though I'm really not a very experienced translator. Maybe I'll at least be able to get the gist of the lyrics.
I got some of this info here and some from my personal experience on pixiv.

Well there's your interesting tidbit of info for the day. It's a sweet song too.

#4 User is offline   Virtual > Real Icon

• Icon

Posted 16 November 2010 - 11:33 AM

View PostSoft~n~Fluffy, on 16 November 2010 - 12:15 AM, said:

This song... actually has a very interesting back story. At the end of the title it says 日本鬼子イメージソング, "Nippon Onigo's image song." "Nippon Onigo" is a racist anti-Japanese slur that sort of means Japanese devil child. It was coined by Chinese propaganda people back in WWII and has been used ever since. Nowadays it's often used online.
However, 2ch (Japanese image board) decided to counter this by creating a moe girl that is the embodiment of Nippon Onigo in order to illustrate the point that they aren't insulted by it. This moe anthropomorphism has been a huge trend lately and I've seen tons of fan art of her on pixiv. This song is basically supposed to be her theme song. It would be interesting to know what the lyrics are. I could give a shot at translating them when I have more time, though I'm really not a very experienced translator. Maybe I'll at least be able to get the gist of the lyrics.

Well there's your interesting tidbit of info for the day. It's a sweet song too.

That is such a cool back story. Thanks for sharing.

#5 User is offline   cryinglullaby Icon

• Genetic flying walrus
  • Icon

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:24 PM

View PostSoft~n~Fluffy, on 15 November 2010 - 04:15 PM, said:

Ah, that's pretty interesting.

#6 User is offline   Yato Icon

• 吐いてみた
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Ryuryu (BinyuP)

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:39 AM

View PostSoft~n~Fluffy, on 15 November 2010 - 06:15 PM, said:

Oh, nice. Thanks for that. I should save it for future use but I'm lazy. :U

It makes me more interested in this song. Mizki sounds nice here.

#7 User is offline   Rankaloid Icon

• Indecisive, maybe
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2010 - 03:15 AM

View PostSoft~n~Fluffy, on 15 November 2010 - 05:15 PM, said:

That's gotta be the coolest way to brush off a racial slur I've ever seen. Props to 2ch, and I dearly hope you'll take a crack at a translation; knowing even just the gist would be lovely.
?
Posted Image
Spoiler

です

#8 User is offline   Soft~n~Fluffy Icon

• Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members
  • Favorite Producer/s:AVTechNO!

Posted 19 November 2010 - 06:27 PM

View PostRankaloid, on 18 November 2010 - 09:15 PM, said:

That's gotta be the coolest way to brush off a racial slur I've ever seen. Props to 2ch, and I dearly hope you'll take a crack at a translation; knowing even just the gist would be lovely.

I took a crack at translating it but as I had thought it's beyond my ability to translate it line-by-line. Fortunately somebody else translated it: http://www.animelyri...oid/hakumei.htm
C&P lyrics:

"JUST WHY?" These words hurt me so,
as I stand in disbelief at the rain felt on my cheeks.
How can it be raining when the sky is this blue?

"I REALLY DON'T UNDERSTAND."
Why was I born a demon, different from the humans?
Just where should I search for the answer?
I keep on asking, while my voice resounds emptily.

Since the crows are already screeching,
people start to head for their homes. I grow envious,
and am now searching for a place that I can return.

Even the twinklings of the stars of the whole sky
will become blurry from the waking light of the day.
Although I am still imprisoned in darkness right now,
morning will surely come to shine upon me.

"I WILL BECOME STRONG,"
not for myself, but for the exorcism;
I will exorcise all the demons lurking
in people's hearts, as the people live on.

I feel some sentiment, having lived through this flowing era.
The scattering flowers are so lovely,
that, unable to forget them, I now search for them.

Twilight's radiance will shine
and color me whiter than anyone else.
The illusions floating within
the dark clouds' gaps will become exposed.

Even the entire group of flowers
scattered in the brief moment as I looked down.
Tomorrow, too, I will live gasping in pain,
while believing that my effort will be answered.

Even the twinklings of the stars of the whole sky
will become blurry from the waking light of the day.
Although I am still imprisoned in darkness right now,
morning will surely come to shine upon me.

It is quite touching...

You know what would be great is if VY1 became the fan-official voice of Nippon Onigo. They've already come to an agreement on Nippon Onigo's character design and VY1 is in want of a character design so it works perfectly.

#9 User is offline   Blu3Powder Icon

• Pollo
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Sele-P, niki, mikito, t.Komine

Posted 29 November 2010 - 01:37 AM

Good song quite catchy :) Good 4 u Mizki your first hit.
can't wait to see the full pv for this song >.<
Posted Image

#10 User is offline   P-chan Icon

• Icon

Posted 03 December 2010 - 09:11 PM

love this song...its so catchy
All Vocaloids pic!
Love ALL official Vocaloids!
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Vocaloid Diva of each Language
Spoiler

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users