VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Guttural/Growl/Whisper VSTs anywhere? [For VOCALOUD/"screamo"] - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Guttural/Growl/Whisper VSTs anywhere? [For VOCALOUD/"screamo"] Eh, not sure if it's in the right place...

#1 User is offline   Azuralunar Icon

• I'm in your VO, lurking in your threads
  • Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 11 November 2010 - 07:25 AM

So I really, really like Utsu-P's work, and I want to figure out how he (or she... I don't know) makes those awesome guttural sounds. I need to know like burning.

I was thinking that maybe, if I could find some kind of whispering effect, I could maximize it and then it would sound halfway decent. However, I can't find whispering effects ANYWHERE, free or not. Does anyone know where I could find some? I mean, yeah, I'd really like it if it was free, but if it's not, that's cool too, as long as it's not crazy crazy expensive.

(I'm not sure if this is in the right place... I'm planning on using it to make Vocaloid songs, but it's outside of the program itself... halp?)
Posted Image

#2 User is offline   Bernkastel Icon

• Man Made Disaster
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:ゆよゆーっぺ

Posted 12 November 2010 - 04:16 AM

I'm glad you actually know what that type of growling is called. So tired of seeing it called screamo shouting/death growls/whatever other lame name.

I sometimes wonder if they stick the voice through a digital distortion box (like Line 6's guitar software). UtsuP's are unique from some of the other producers that use gutturals. If you listen closely, sometimes you can hear "swooshing", like the kind of effect you'd hear from a DJ scratch table. It sounds odd, but that's what it really reminds me of at times.

I've been curious about it myself for a long time even though I don't use the programs myself. Good luck~
Posted Image
Spoiler

#3 User is offline   Azuralunar Icon

• Icon

Posted 13 November 2010 - 06:43 AM

What I like about Utsu-P's gutturals is that it actually SOUNDS like the Vocaloid is screaming behind all the effects, not all mumbly like some other songs. *coughsweet_so_sweetcough* And... oh wow, now that I think about it, they DO sound kind of scratch table-ish! I can't believe I never noticed that before.

I've actually gotten a sort of screaming effect from abusing a high gain amplifier VST, but the main problem I have is figuring out how to make it sound less... well, less like singing and more like gutturals. I've tried adding noise, but all the kinds of noises that I've used keep playing even when there are no vocals, so there are a bunch of gaps with just noise. I'd like to find some kind of VST that automatically matches the noise to the voice.

(As you can probably tell, I'm a complete vocal editor n00b.)
Posted Image

#4 User is offline   Bernkastel Icon

• Man Made Disaster
  • Icon

Posted 26 November 2010 - 11:37 PM

So it turns out it CAN be done through a VST.

http://www.kvraudio....sis_by_fuzzpilz

Go to the download link, and download Charsiesis 3-1. I can't exactly mess with it myself so I can't completely testify to it, but supposedly this gets it done. Cheers~
Posted Image
Spoiler

#5 User is offline   Azuralunar Icon

• Icon

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:02 AM

Hold on, I can't seem to find my secret stash of internets so that I can award them all to you.

Thank you so much! Finally, something that actually WORKS! And it sounds better than my previous attempts... I am a very happy girl right now.
Posted Image

#6 User is offline   Bernkastel Icon

• Man Made Disaster
  • Icon

Posted 28 November 2010 - 02:04 AM

I accept Visa and Mastercard. ;3

I'm just curious, but how easy was it to dial in the right settings to get it to sound good?
Posted Image
Spoiler

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users