VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid: Vocaloids in the news! - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums - Providing Everything Vocaloid

Welcome to Vocaloid Otaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and access to other features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, join our Vocaloid community and you will gain access to a plethora of cool stuff, including music downloads and different layouts (which you can select at the bottom of the screen, where it says "Vocaloid Otaku Minimal").

Registration is simple and fast. It won't fetch you more than a minute. What're ya waiting for?
Hop onto Vocaloid Otaku today!
Guest Message © 2014 DevFuse
  • (98 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vocaloids in the news! Newspapers/Magazine Articles and TV Reports.

#1 Luka*

• Group: Guests

Posted 15 November 2010 - 07:03 AM

If you have any reports on Vocaloids that are newspapers, magazine articles, online sources, or TV reports, please post them here. The articles that should go here should be about any of the Vocaloids and can be from any country. If the article is really amazing or not general information about the Vocaloids, feel free to make a separate thread for it. Just use good judgment there. Please include the title of the publication, the title of the article, and the date of publication or video upload. If you are able to translate an article, please do so. We greatly appreciate any translations. It is perfectly acceptable and encouraged to discuss these articles in this thread. =)
What to post:
Newspapers: Any newspaper articles that are printed or online.
Magazines: Any magazine articles that are printed or online.
Online Sources: A new source online that is not printed but has a publication date and an author.
TV Reports: Any report on Vocaloids that aired on TV.

Newspapers:
Vocaloid, artistas famosos que no son de carne y hueso Print Version El Universo (Ecuador), September 8, 2010
Translation:
Spoiler

Hatsune Miku is pop's biggest draw as Japanese 3D cartoon stage sensation Metro (United Kingdom), October 21, 2010
Nueva estrella japones ¡es un holograma! Newspaper from Mexico (Name currently unknown) November, 2010
Translation:
Spoiler

Japanese pop star Hatsune Miku takes the stage -- as a 3-D hologram Los Angeles Times (United States), November 10, 2010
Robopop La Presse (Montréal, Canada) November 13, 2010
Translation:
Spoiler

Magazines:
Japan's holographic pop star The Week, November 12, 2010

Online Sources:
3D Holographic Avatar Holds Live Concert Tom's Guide, November 11, 2010
Hologram Selling Out Concerts in Japan Newser, November 12, 2010

TV Reports:
French TV show insults Miku Uploaded October 27, 2010
Hatsune Miku in Polish television TVP2 Uploaded November 14, 2010

#2 User is offline   Eenkin Icon

• Icon
  • Group: Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:55 AM

Tomorrow's Miley Cyrus? A hologram live in concert uploaded on Nov. 13, 2010
It's another all about miku. They only mention she's a vocaloid and compares her to Cyrus and real singers.

J-Pop (and 3-D Hologram) Sells Out Stadiums uploaded on Nov. 13, 2010
Still only talks about miku and her sold out concert. However it does mention how a vocaloid recording process goes and that you can buy it for your own personal use.

#3 User is offline   VampireNekoSan Icon

• I like struff.
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:DECO*27,hachi,samfree

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:22 PM

Miku in Turkey?...SO CLOSE! I`mma keep an eye on the newspapers around here who knows I mgith see a Miku in `em xD

#4 User is offline   St Awesume Icon

• The disappearing act
  • Icon

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:31 PM

Isn't Miku like 3 years old now? Why is she popping up in all the news?

#5 User is offline   Renchan Icon

• Machigerita's stalker
  • Icon

Posted 15 November 2010 - 01:47 PM

Still no mention of the people who composed the songs (a.k.a the Producer)? Even the ones that appeared in the concert (Like Agoaniki, 19's Sounds Factory, Minato, DECO*27 etc)? I'm sad my dear, I'm sad.

All of them just comment on Miku, felt like the songs were magically appeared... They need credits too. T_T

Plus, why they only shows WIM, dammit... Gimme my Alice!

#6 User is offline   Daiyousei Icon

• Casual Fairy
  • Icon
  • Group: VO+ Members

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:08 PM

MUSIC; Could I Get That Song in Elvis, Please? published November 23, 2003, New York Times

Old as hell article, but hey, It's probably one of the earliest mentions in western media, and I love reading the newspaper, and if it wasn't for me really getting into Vocaloid I'd forgotten about this article altogether. Note the date of article publication, so it's justified Miku does not have a mention.

When I first read it, I was like "Why would a newspaper care about this shit?"
[center]

Posted Image
Thanks Wakawa~~
Posted Image

http://goddess-and-d...for-commissions <- Help someone in need

#7 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Shu-tP

Posted 15 November 2010 - 06:51 PM

View PostDaiyousei, on 15 November 2010 - 06:08 PM, said:

MUSIC; Could I Get That Song in Elvis, Please? published November 23, 2003, New York Times

Old as hell article, but hey, It's probably one of the earliest mentions in western media, and I love reading the newspaper, and if it wasn't for me really getting into Vocaloid I'd forgotten about this article altogether. Note the date of article publication, so it's justified Miku does not have a mention.

When I first read it, I was like "Why would a newspaper care about this shit?"

I know that article from working and constantly linking to it at the wikia and wikipedia, its my fav. out of all the existing ones because it goes so far to tell the reader about vocaloid ACTUALLY ****ING DAMN WELL IS without just repeating and copy+ pasting the info we've heard 50+ times! The person who wrote it is a god amongst reporters! What happened top reporters between THIS guy and what we're seeing now? Was Miku enough to KILL basic research skills in journalism? Heck, this guy even knew where it was made! Thats something 90% of the Vocaloid fans don't seem to know.

Edit:
I just noticed the article says "you'll hear it sung in soul, operic and choir"... We're getting a high pitched Vocaloid from zero-G next and we've just HAD opera vocaloids. Every time I read this article, I see something else I missed previous, hot doug! O_O'
Youtube poster 1; what does the [/] do?

Youtube poster 2; I'm guessing that it breaks the word in half.

#8 User is offline   riningear Icon

• needs a life
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:hachi

Posted 15 November 2010 - 08:28 PM

http://www.crypton.c...oid/cv01_us.jsp

Crypton released an official English explanation of Miku and the VOCALOID phenomenon trailing her.
Hopefully this will clear up what Miku really is.
~tumblr: riningear

#9 User is online   Karlita ;3 Icon

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:13 PM

View PostKYA, on 15 November 2010 - 03:28 PM, said:

http://www.crypton.c...oid/cv01_us.jsp

Crypton released an official English explanation of Miku and the VOCALOID phenomenon trailing her.
Hopefully this will clear up what Miku really is.

Miku Hatsune and Black Rock Shooter: Global Music Video "Vocaloid" Phenomenon That Defines the Future Published October 19, 2010 08:46 AM by Jack Meyers.
I seem to like this post because of the opening and the more in depth information about the Vocaloid phenomena.

Oh sweet! I never noticed, and I agree on to the clearing up of things, I'm guessing all that info was in Japanese before, yes?
@Daiyou: Ohyes, favorite article too o3o
Posted Image
The world is PINE, and apparently the sushi is his too. xP
Spoiler

#10 User is offline   UltraChao77 Icon

• VO's First Time Traveling Member
  • Icon

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:29 PM

I'm seriously starting to think Crypton is bribing people to get them to write about Miku or something. I notice that there were almost no articles written before September, yet now the number of them is exploding, even though they all say the same thing. Probably after English Miku comes out, the amount of articles is going to drop drastically and she'll go back to being a "Japanese thing." But for now, Crypton is trying really hard to get her into the West's culture, so whatever. Not like it's gonna do much anyways.

#11 User is offline   riningear Icon

• needs a life
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:hachi

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:40 PM

View PostUltraChao77, on 15 November 2010 - 06:29 PM, said:

I'm seriously starting to think Crypton is bribing people to get them to write about Miku or something. I notice that there were almost no articles written before September, yet now the number of them is exploding, even though they all say the same thing. Probably after English Miku comes out, the amount of articles is going to drop drastically and she'll go back to being a "Japanese thing." But for now, Crypton is trying really hard to get her into the West's culture, so whatever. Not like it's gonna do much anyways.

It's a chain effect. One blog posts it, another blog takes it and types up a new article with different wording. People like to join in on "fads." It's human nature.

Notice that the same World Is Mine performance video is used in every article recently? There's a ton of similar ones in the Related Videos content, but it's much easier just to choose that one and reuse it.
~tumblr: riningear

#12 User is online   Karlita ;3 Icon

• Icon

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:42 PM

KarenT is the label that many Vocaloid producers use to sell their CDs or mp3s. It is a place to gain recognition by posting music online, which is to be bought. It is a record company though. But several producers have several methods of making their own music (separately as in without collaborating unless it is stated)as far as I know.
Posted Image
The world is PINE, and apparently the sushi is his too. xP
Spoiler

#13 User is offline   #USER_1013 Icon

• Loading . . .
  • Icon

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:51 PM

Kiss 107 On Air With Jordan's Blog

Would you pay to see a hologram live in concert? My answer: Heck yes! it's Hatsune Miku for crying out loud! But, if there are other Vocaloids too. I apaprently heard this topic on the radio and instantly said "They're talking about Vocaloid!" Read this blog and let me know what you think.
Posted Image

#14 User is offline   Aies Icon

• I believe! I believe!
  • Icon
  • Favorite Producer/s:Clean Tears/U-ji/KTG/Kofun-P

Posted 15 November 2010 - 11:55 PM

Personally, I think it should be in the 'News Sighting' thread...

Should include blogs and whatnot ._.

#15 Luka*

• Group: Guests

Posted 16 November 2010 - 02:06 AM

That'd go underneath online sources, Etiolie. Only if the blog is creditable. I don't want to list every blog entry written by some random person. Yes, this should be in the other thread though. Merging.

• (98 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users