VocaloidOtaku.net Forums: Vocaloids in the news! - VocaloidOtaku.net Forums

Welcome to VocaloidOtaku!

You are currently viewing our forum as a guest which means you are limited to some discussions and certain features.
Take a few minutes to browse around. Should you enjoy what you see, register and you will gain access to more stuff.

Registration is simple and fast. It won't take you more than a minute.
Click here to join!
Guest Message © 2018 DevFuse
  • (109 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Vocaloids in the news! Newspapers/Magazine Articles and TV Reports.

#31 User is offline   riningear Icon

• needs a life
  • Icon
  • Group: Members
  • Producers:hachi

Posted 18 November 2010 - 04:35 PM

>realize that very few articles' writers looked on Wikipedia
>EVERYONE looks for information on Wikipedia

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.
GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wooooow. Hahah. Oh wow.
What have people come to...!?
heh

#32 User is offline   Soft~n~Fluffy Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:AVTechNO!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 05:54 PM

View PostKYA, on 17 November 2010 - 02:15 PM, said:

Read it and weep.

http://perezhilton.c...g/hatsune_miku/

Miku got Perez F**kin' Hilton's attention.

(...still upset about the "hologram" thing though...)

I've never heard of this "Perez Hilton" of which you speak but some of these comments actually have great insight... like the one about how spontaneity can be a good thing in concerts (and that's one thing Vocaloids holograms CAN have if they are programed to and the creators think that the audience will like it) or about how Miku doesn't need to be paid in the three-figure range so more money can go to the actual music. I don't know why people are getting upset about the bad uneducated comments, it's all stuff people have already seen before. And I'm actually really surprised nobody called Miku a chipmunk.

#33 User is offline   Samuel Icon

• ミクノロジーを研究しています
  • Icon
  • Producers:P名言ってみろ!

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:10 PM

I noticed that a very interesting information could be found in the Canadian article mentioned in this thread.

Elle a 16 ans, pèse 42 kg, mesure 1m58, et son légume préféré est le poireau, écrivait à son propos Le Monde mercredi dernier
(emphasis mine).

Le Monde is the first national Newspaper in France and has a reputation of covering serious topics as well as actually paying their journalists. Since so far Miku's coverage in France is almost nil except a utterly dumb review on the TV, I was very interested to see that. Unfortunately I can't find this article in their online archives.

So before I delve more into that, is there by any luck a newspaper in Canada also named "Le Monde" ?

#34 User is offline   BubblesChibimi Icon

• BUNNEH! :3
  • Icon

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:28 PM

Wow! Vocaloid Fandom will be growing pretty quickly from these newspaper articles! :)

#35 User is offline   Heruru Meruru Icon

• Dairantou Vashfucker DX
  • Icon
  • Vocaloids:Oliver!!!
  • Producers:Seiko-p, Steampianist

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:32 PM

Doubt any of them will come here. Most of them don't mention Vocaloid at all, and if they do, what's the chance someone will search "Vocaloid forum" and find out there are other Vocaloids besides Miku. Hell, most people who read these articles will never find out there's other Vocaloids besides Miku, actually.

#36 User is offline   Somebodyrandom Icon

• Icon
  • Producers:Shu-tP

Posted 18 November 2010 - 10:38 PM

View PostKYA, on 18 November 2010 - 04:35 PM, said:

>realize that very few articles' writers looked on Wikipedia
>EVERYONE looks for information on Wikipedia

PFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFT.
GYAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA.

Wooooow. Hahah. Oh wow.
What have people come to...!?
heh

Its an irony in itself overall how things go around these days.

Because wikipedia gets ITS information off of sites like Vocaloidism and the VCC, sites that can often be more informative then wikipedia. But overall none of the news articles are reporting nothing that wasn't already known by most of the "anime" Vocaloid fans only with most being more accurate. Its all crazy stuff really when you think about it.

Edit:
For the curious on this post; I regret the monster I created the day I said "this wikipedia page is **** I'm going to DO something about it". >_<'

#37 User is offline   Samuel Icon

• ミクノロジーを研究しています
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2010 - 12:05 AM

It's neither a newspaper, not even a blog, but I wanted to share with you that freaking William Gibson himself is noticing that his Idoru is becoming realvirtual in the name of Miku Hatsune:

Hatsune Miku is clearly a more complex phenomenon than I initially assumed. Requires further study.
Source

#38 User is offline   UltraChao77 Icon

• VO's First Time Traveling Member
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2010 - 01:36 AM

View PostSamuel, on 18 November 2010 - 04:05 PM, said:

It's neither a newspaper, not even a blog, but I wanted to share with you that freaking William Gibson himself is noticing that his Idoru is becoming realvirtual in the name of Miku Hatsune:

Source

When I read the the tweets below his, it kinda sounded like he said that "further study" stuff to try and change the topic away from Miku. Of course, this is only my opinion, and he could actually have a genuine interest in the software, but when I've heard words like those said before it usually means the speaker wants to talk about something else.

Great job finding the tweet. It's not the kinda thing you can just Google.

#39 User is offline   Temmy Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2010 - 02:38 AM

View PostUltraChao77, on 18 November 2010 - 05:36 PM, said:

Of course, this is only my opinion, and he could actually have a genuine interest in the software, but when I've heard words like those said before it usually means the speaker wants to talk about something else.

I think it's more likely that Gibson would be interested in the viral nature of Vocaloid and the growth of its producer/fan community rather than the actual software itself.

#40 User is offline   riningear Icon

• needs a life
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2010 - 09:25 AM

I wrote my own article. lol

http://www.associate...ing.html?cat=15

#41 User is offline   Samuel Icon

• ミクノロジーを研究しています
  • Icon

Posted 19 November 2010 - 11:04 AM

View PostKYA, on 19 November 2010 - 10:25 AM, said:

I wrote my own article. lol

Congrats KYA. I think we should like you take all the opportunities to stress the CGM / Prosumer concept behind the Vocaloid and how it's really challenging the actual music industry business model.

Your article could help people stop watching the finger and figuring out it is pointing at the moon ... The more there are, the better it is. I don't know if you're aware of Pata's article on his blog: Hatsune Miku and the magic of make believe It is in my opinion the best written article explaining really what is behind Miku, and I think it deserves to be read by any would-be Vocaloid-interested person.

On a side note, although the media is blinded by the technical performance of the Zepp concert, it should not be dismissed. Sure, IT IS NOT an hologram, but:
Gorillaz display tech was totally crap compared to that. Basically it was just screened anime.
The vocaloid shown at the Zepp were 3D rendered models with motion capture for the moves; seriously haven't you noticed how Miku moves in 初音ミクの消失 are so natural ?
Also, remember that we're seeing the screen because the video of the concert is not using the audience PoV. The guys in the concert hall were not able to see the screen and really had the illusion of a full 3D (well maybe except front row akiba-key who were disapointed not to have some chance at a panty shot :D).
We need also to consider that this concert was just a promotion before the launch of Project Diva 2nd by SEGA, it was never intended to have this audience, the budget was certainly ridiculous compared with what Gorillaz is shelling out for the setup of their own shows.

#42 User is offline   Moth Icon

• Icon

Posted 19 November 2010 - 04:17 PM

There's a Hungarian Anime-Manga magazine that once reviewed Vocaloid and mentioned them in another, I might scan it later.

#43 User is offline   riningear Icon

• needs a life
  • Icon

Posted 23 November 2010 - 03:48 AM

Someone finally got it.
http://www.hdtvmagaz...rs-on-stage.php

/facepalm
THERE IS SOMEBODY SMART IN THE BLOGGING/MEDIA WORLD STILL.

#44 User is offline   Nyanoo Icon

• Icon

Posted 25 November 2010 - 04:24 PM

i saw miku in finnish webpage!!! its awesome! http://www.iltasanom....asp?id=2277393

#45 User is offline   Klaidon Icon

• Delicious special K
  • Icon

Posted 26 November 2010 - 01:24 PM

Yesterday on The Culture Show, Miku was the top web tip of the week c: I can only get it on bbciplayer and that's only Brits can view it...I'll see if I can find a way to get it off there :U
I forgot the iplayer link c: http://www.bbc.co.uk...011_Episode_15/ ..I can't get my camstudio to record sound..so if someone else in britain could do it...?

• (109 Pages) +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users